Thursday, January 28, 2010

BREACH - "It's Me God!"

Now I know I normally would make a post about a band and their whole "career" and not just an album but this is the exception.



The other day I decided that I would give Breach's "It's Me God!" a listen. It had been at least 7 years since I had last listened to it. I was blown away at its ability to impress me in the same way it had when I first heard it back in, I would say 1999. What an album. It is everything that is awesome about post hardcore, it is even a little mathy and they mix it with their own sort of, dare I say metal?

Here is a little Wiki info on the band:

Swedish band formed in LuleƄ 1993. First full length album released in 1995. Pelle Gunnerfeldt from Fireside (band) recorded and mixed several of the groups albums. Shortly after the release of Kollapse the band announced that they had decided to split up. The band played a reunion show in Stockholm on the 6th of December 2007. The band ended the show by destroying all their instruments, leading fans to speculate that this would be the bands final show. Tomas "The Dove" Turunen made a spectacular drum final commented by the Swedish journalist Per Bjurman as; "one of the greatest drum performances in his life so far".


I say you should seriously just give this album a chance.


Here is the link to download "It's Me God!" Breach's album from 1997.




There is one person out there, an old friend who really loves this album the way I do. So this one goes out to you my man! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment